Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Drywall


...or gypsum or wallboard, but not Sheetrock (a trademark name), as I was reminded by my friend Debbie who works for Lafarge and has been trying to train us for years, but I slipped. Anyway, the walls are covered and Jackie likes this design the joint compound makes. We may be looking at it for a while. Really. No money for paint... And appliances from Sears arrived. Very exciting day.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving on the other side of the Mason Dixon line. Live and virtual family present (I'm happy with slightly pixelated versions of people I love if they can't be there - thank you Skype), lots of gratitude despite some hardships.
On long road trips, I like to collect odd place names. When we lived in St. Augustine, I wondered how it was for people who had to give their address as "Glimpse of Glory Rd." or "Mosquito Control Rd." Last week we discovered Pigs Ear Rd., Cheater Lake, and Upper and Lower Shut-In Rd. Many years ago we loved Powhite Highway, but we don't drive that way anymore.

3 comments:

Susan said...

I think it's looking really great. Try to keep your chins up. Remember- it'll all be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

deirdre said...

You have the best philosophies of anyone I have ever known! Thank you!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the "Lafarge" plug. Don't worry about the paint. If you painted the house now we wouldn't have the opportunity to help you paint it when we come for a visit! I am a really good painter. Miss you guys!